The wrestling world has been buzzing about the Impact Wrestling and AEW partnership that appeared to form last week on Dynamite. Now, Tony Khan himself has appeared on Impact.
Following a commercial break, Khan and Tony Schiavone appeared on the screen. They said they had paid for advertising to provide their message and so began Khan’s first real appearance as a wrestling character. While he has been acknowledged and has briefly been shown on camera, this was something more.
Khan said he could have stopped Kenny Omega from appearing on the show but he wasn’t going to do that. He called the way Omega won the AEW World Championship “disgraceful” and invited Don Callis to join Omega at Dynamite tomorrow.
Khan then teased that tag teams from Impact might square off with teams from AEW while noting that there are rumours that he might buy Impact outright. He did make sure to say that the Young Bucks were the best tag team in the world.
Primarily the segment was used to hype up tomorrow’s episode of Dynamite but having Khan make his on-screen debut is particularly noteworthy.
- Backstage Heat On AEW World Champion MJF?
- Several In WWE ‘Pushing’ For Upcoming Free Agent
- CM Punk Reacts To WWE Raw Ratings For His Return
- ‘Massive Offer’ Rejected By Will Ospreay Before Choosing AEW Revealed
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Long-Absent AEW Star Reveals They Had Three Seizures, Cleared To Return
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Coincidence About Her Daughter’s Birth
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- Kevin Owens Comments On CM Punk’s WWE Return
- Drew McIntyre’s Explicit Reaction To Randy Orton WWE Plans