During his rather newsworthy appearance on the Talk Is Jericho podcast, AEW star Miro has opened up about his time with WWE, why he decided to leave the company and much more.
Miro (formerly Rusev) also opened up about getting fined by his former employers several years ago for cutting his air without their permission. Here’s what he had to say on the matter:
“I cut my hair because I had nothing going on. They were beating me day in and day out. I was going away for shoulder surgery. I came back for one match and they made Big Show chokeslam me four times and chokeslam me seven times and they tried to convince me to protect my character. C’mon man. I’m not that stupid. It’s ok because I love Big Show. He put me over when I needed it so I have to put him over. Who cares? I’m not that guy. Just tell him we need 3 chokeslams and a punch, one, two, three. Great, I’ll do it. They threw a big stink about my hair. They said, ‘how dare you? How can you? Why didn’t you ask?’ Sorry, I’ll ask next time.”
During the interview, Miro also spoke about how he actually requested his release from WWE back in 2017 after someone leaked a conversation from his in the dirt sheets, which you can read about by clicking here.
The former United States Champion also spoke about how he was told that WWE wanted him and Bobby Lashley to main event WrestleMania during their infamous feud last year. You can also read more about that by clicking here.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- WWE NXT Level Up August 12 Set For Debut & Chase U
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- AJ Styles Talks WWE Contract Status & Whether He Considered AEW
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back