New Japan Pro Wrestling is returning for their next stadium show on August 29. Now, we know two more big championship matches that will take place at Summer Struggle in Jingu.
They have announced that Minoru Suzuki will challenge Shingo Takagi for the NEVER Openweight Championship and Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi will get their rematch for the IWGP Tag Team Championship at the show.
Both of these matches had been alluded to on their most recent show. Suzuki has not held the NEVER Openweight title since losing the belt to Hirooki Goto at Wrestle Kingdom 12. Meanwhile, Tanahashi and Ibushi only just lost the tag titles to TAICHI and Sabre at Dominion. The last three tag title reigns have ended on their first title defence. We will see if that streak continues here.
Here is the current card for Summer Struggle in Jingu:
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship & IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match – EVIL (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
- IWGP Tag Team Championship Match – TAICHI & Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match – Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori
- NEVER Openweight Championship Match – Shingo Takagi (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki
- King of Pro Wrestling 2020 Title Four-Way Match – TBD vs. TBD vs. TBD vs. TBD
- Master Wato vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Which of these matches are you most looking forward to? Let us know on Twitter!