Last night on Raw, Seth Rollins was brutally assaulted by Brock Lesnar ahead of the pair’s match in Toronto, Canada at SummerSlam this weekend.
This is the second week in a row where Rollins has been attacked by Lesnar, with the first attack last week being particularly brutal.
The former Universal Champion had his ribs taped up on last night’s show, and commentary put over how he may not be fit to compete in his championship rematch at the upcoming pay-per-view.
However, WWE has provided an update on Seth Rollins’ status ahead of the pay-per-view. They have confirmed that the former Shield member “has been medically cleared” to face “The Beast” on Sunday.
BREAKING: @WWERollins was evaluated by WWE medical personnel following another attack at the hands of Brock Lesnar on #Raw, and has been medically cleared to challenge for the #UniversalTitle this Sunday at #SummerSlam. https://t.co/SWQoCrqYVN
— WWE (@WWE) August 6, 2019
WWE.com‘s article had the following to say on the matter:
“Seth Rollins was evaluated by WWE medical personnel following yet another attack at the hands of Brock Lesnar on Raw, and has been medically cleared to challenge Lesnar for the Universal Title this Sunday at SummerSlam.”
The Universal Championship match will be one of a reported 13 that will likely take place at SummerSlam, with the pay-per-view expected to run for at least SIX hours.
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases