WWE will soon break up the team of Rey & Dominik Mysterio so the two stars can feud, as per Andrew Zarian of The Mat Men Podcast.
In recent months, WWE has teased dissension between the two Mysterios, but it appears the company plans to pull the trigger and officially begin the rivalry shortly.
Posting a photo of the father-son duo to Twitter, Zarian captioned the image:
“Spoke with a source at WWE. The breakup and feud is happening soon.”
Spoke with a source at WWE.
The breakup and feud is happening soon pic.twitter.com/Ue8MvAGuTF
— Andrew Zarian (@AndrewZarian) November 10, 2021
It was previously reported that WWE had plans to repackage Dominik Mysterio as a ‘masked heel’. Rey Mysterio had argued that he’d rather pass his mask down to Dominik, rather than wrestle his son for it.
Dominik has revealed that it is a long-term goal of his to earn his father’s mask and continue the Mysterio legacy.
On the November 8 edition of Raw, Dominik was replaced by Bobby Lashley in the Team Raw Survivor Series line-up, after submitting to the former WWE Champion.
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Jade Cargill Sends Message To WWE Roster During Raw
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- WWE Star Returns On Raw After Five Months Away
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE