During last night’s (July 11) episode of Raw, fans and viewers were left confused after a tag team match between AJ Styles & Ezekiel and The Miz & Ciampa ended in a DQ.
The match was ruled a DQ after Ciampa, who was not the legal man in the match, refused to stop attacked AJ Styles. The confusion comes from the fact that this happens all the time in WWE tag matches, so why was it an issue last night?
Well, it’s because WWE allegedly has a “secret rule” for tag matches, something Dave Meltzer explained on Wrestling Observer Radio.
“There’s a secret rule in WWE that in a tag match, you only get one save, and this was the second save. So therefore, it’s a DQ.”
To translate, basically you can save your partner and attack someone, even if you’re not the legal man, but you can only do it once, or it’s ruled a DQ.
I also feel like I’ve seen matches where it happens more than once, but apparently that is the rule WWE has.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name