It has emerged that Adam Cole will be a free agent later this month as his WWE NXT contract expires after SummerSlam weekend.
Wrestling Inc is reporting that Cole’s deal actually expired in July after Great American Bash, but he agreed an extension to work until after SummerSlam.
According to Fightful Select, Cole’s contract coming up in July was a “surprise to many at the top of the company” as they “only realized shortly before the expiration of the deal”.
There was reportedly “significant frustration and heat” within WWE that it came so close to the wire, but Adam Cole himself was praised for being easy to work with and agreeing to work through SummerSlam instead of leaving instantly.
It has emerged that a WWE employee may have been released due to not realising Cole’s contract was expiring, which you can read more about at this link.
It appears NXT is setting up another match between Cole and Kyle O’Reilly for the NXT TakeOver 36 show on August 22, which is the night after SummerSlam. The reason Cole agreed to the extension is related to this, which you can read more about here.
The Wrestling Inc report noted that Cole has “many options” in front of him, and not all of those options are companies that are currently affiliated with wrestling.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?