AEW star and one half of the Acclaimed Anthony Bowens may have suffered an injury during last night’s (November 16) edition of AEW Dynamite.
Bowens faced Swerve Strickland on the episode, ahead of his and fellow Acclaimed member Max Caster’s match against Swerve In Our Glory (Strickland and Keith Lee) at AEW Full Gear this Saturday (November 19)
At Full Gear, the two teams will face off for the Acclaimed’s AEW World Tag Team Championship.
However, according to Fightful Select there may now be a fly in the ointment with regards to the planned match.
According to the report, Bowens may have aggravated his shoulder during last night’s outing.
Bowens could be seen clutching his right shoulder and being attended to by officials after losing to Strickland.
Fightful reported they “got word” that Bowens may have aggravated his shoulder, but did say they can’t say for certain whether it’s legitimate or part of a storyline.
Strickland won the match last night and commentary did make a point of mentioning the shoulder issue.
The Acclaimed originally won their AEW World Tag Team Championship from Swerve In Our Glory at AEW Grand Slam 2022 on September 21, after failing to capture them several weeks earlier at AEW All Out.
For more information about wrestler injuries, check out WrestleTalk.com’s injury tracker.
WHOSE HOUSE?! @swerveconfident picks up the win over one-half of #AEW World Tag Team Champions! What state will @bowens_official be in, heading into their championship rubber match at the #AEWFullGear PPV this Saturday?
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) November 17, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- Top WWE Star Dealing With ‘Really Bad’ Shoulder Injury
- AEW Star Says He ‘Just Walked Away’ From Faction
- What The WGA Tentative Agreement Means For John Cena & The Rock In WWE
- Brandi Rhodes Reveals Major WWE Match She’d Come Out Of Retirement For
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023