While not everyone is a fan, including Pete Rosenberg, Dave Meltzer’s star ratings in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter have been a way of rating the quality of PPV matches for decades.
Meltzer rarely rates weekly TV matches, but has admitted that a match from this week’s AEW Dynamite show received a coveted five star rating.
This week’s show opened with a brilliant tag match between The Young Bucks and the Death Triangle duo of PAC and Fenix. Meltzer had this to say about the match.
“This was one of the best matches in the history of the company and maybe the best match ever on Dynamite and certainly top two or three. I had it at *****.”
This makes it the the 9th five or above star match of 2021, eight of which have been in New Japan, and one in AEW. AEW’s previous five star match was the Kenny Omega vs. Rey Fenix at New Year’s Smash Night One.
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery