While not everyone is a fan, including Pete Rosenberg, Dave Meltzer’s star ratings in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter have been a way of rating the quality of PPV matches for decades.
Meltzer rarely rates weekly TV matches, but has admitted that a match from this week’s AEW Dynamite show received a coveted five star rating.
This week’s show opened with a brilliant tag match between The Young Bucks and the Death Triangle duo of PAC and Fenix. Meltzer had this to say about the match.
“This was one of the best matches in the history of the company and maybe the best match ever on Dynamite and certainly top two or three. I had it at *****.”
This makes it the the 9th five or above star match of 2021, eight of which have been in New Japan, and one in AEW. AEW’s previous five star match was the Kenny Omega vs. Rey Fenix at New Year’s Smash Night One.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans