An AEW star has claimed that John Cena refused to lose to him when it came to cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase.
Jack Swagger (AEW’s Jake Hager) had won the briefcase during the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania XXVI in 2010.
There was a tease, on the following night’s episode of WWE Raw, that Swagger would cash in on John Cena, the newly crowned WWE Champion, but that tease would lead nowhere, according to Hager.
Speaking on the Talk is Jericho podcast, Hager explained that:
“The night before [Hager’s cash-in on Chris Jericho], I teased it on Raw where I would almost hit Cena with the briefcase.
“I snuck up on him and then we had one of his brilliant promo segments.
“Later come find out he refused to do the job for me for the World Championship, but we won’t talk about that.”
Swagger would cash in on Jericho during a SmackDown taping in April 2010, defeating him and becoming the World Heavyweight Champion.
He would lose the championship to Rey Mysterio at WWE Fatal 4-Way on June 20 2010 in a match that also featured Big Show and CM Punk.
Transcript from Inside the Ropes.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Dolph Ziggler Wins First Title Since WWE Release
- Former WWE Star Wins Championship In NJPW Singles Debut
- WWE Breaks 23-Year Award Losing Streak
- Major Update On Brock Lesnar & Vince McMahon In WWE 2K24
- Roman Reigns Bloodline Member Trying To Join WWE
- WWE Star Arrives In Wrong Country For Major Show
- Randy Orton Hilariously Reacts To John Cena Onlyfans Announcement
- Former WWE Champion Still Hasn’t Re-Signed Despite Major Creative Plans
- WWE Star Retires Move After Recent Terrifying Botch
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months