Matt Cardona has revealed that AEW never offered him a long-term deal.
Cardona briefly wrestled for AEW last year after having been released by WWE. He debuted to help Cody on the July 29, 2020, episode of AEW Dynamite before wrapping up with the company at All Out. He only wrestled two matches with AEW.
“I had a little agreement to do a couple of shows and they never offered me anything long-term. I’m not going to sit there and beg. It is what it is. I had a great time there and it was an awesome experience. Everyone was welcoming and it was great. AEW is the place to be. It’s thriving right now. At the end of the day, I wasn’t offered anything and I wasn’t going to sit around and wait.”
Matt Cardona has since gone on to wrestle for IMPACT Wrestling and appear for GCW, attacking Nick Gage.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles
- Spoiler For Planned Return On August 12 SmackDown
- Update On Cody Rhodes Surgery & WWE Absence
- Report: ‘A Lot Of Uneasiness’ Backstage In NXT UK
- Dave Meltzer Awards Latest 5.5 Star Match