PWInsider is reporting that “the word making the rounds” is that All Elite Wrestling (AEW) is set to bring in “an eight-figure payday” from WarnerMedia.
This is as a result of the switch of Dynamite from TNT to TBS from January 2022, and the new Rampage show that is set to debut later this year.
Rumours suggest that one of the main reasons behind the move is a reaction to WarnerMedia securing the rights to secure the NHL.
Brett Weitz of WarnerMedia gave New York Post the following statement on the matter, confirming that the NHL did have something to do with the change:
“Both TBS and TNT have an incredibly storied history with wrestling, so the idea of us being able to put more AEW onto TBS is a natural fit. Did the NHL have anything to do with it? Sure. NHL had something to do with it. NBA had something to do with it, the college schedule, the ton of preemptions. When we looked where the consumer’s gonna be, where wrestling fans were going to be, we want to give them the most opportunity to consume as many shows as possible. We felt TBS had an opportunity to be the network and the best platform for expansion.”
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats