Over the years, wrestling fans were hoping for a viable alternative to WWE to come along following Vince McMahon purchasing WCW back in 2001.
With AEW forming in 2019, along with the rise of other promotions around the world, wrestling fans now have many options to watch wrestling that they enjoy.
Christopher Daniels is considered one of the best to never sign with WWE, having wrestled in ROH, TNA and AEW.
Daniels recently spoke to PWMania about alternatives to WWE, and how he believes they’re a necessity, as it gives options to wrestling fans.
“With my history coming up through the indies and doing as much as I did with ROH and TNA back in the day, I understand the necessity for an alternative to WWE.
“I’m a fan of a lot of guys in the WWE. There’s stuff I like, and stuff I don’t. To give fans that option enriches their experience in professional wrestling as a whole.
“Now they can watch the wrestlers that they like, whether it’s in WWE, AEW, IMPACT, or New Japan. Having those options enriches the experience of professional wrestling. Getting to pick your favorites and thinking about what if this guy could wrestle this guy, it’s a lot of fun, especially if you’re a real wrestling fan.”
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- Big Update On Stone Cold Steve Austin WrestleMania 39 Plans?
- WWE Star Responds To Standout AEW Dynamite Performance
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star