Phillip Thomas, the alleged stalker of WWE star Sonya Deville, real name Daria Berenato, has been transferred out of police custody.
This comes after Thomas was found incompetent to stand trial last month.
He was committed to Florida’s Department of Children and Families on May 14 when he was found incompetent, and has now been transferred out of Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and is now in the custody of a mental health facility.
Because he was found incompetent to stand trial for the case, unless the court decides to change something, such as determining that he actually is competent, the criminal case is likely over.
Berenato recently extended her temporary protection injunction against Thomas and the next protection hearing will be on October 7.
The alleged incident took place early morning August 17, 2020, as Thomas was accused of entering Berenato’s property and was said by authorities to have been found “carrying a knife, plastic zip ties, duct tape, mace and other items and told deputies he was planning to take the homeowner hostage”.
Tampa authorities said that Thomas had planned to kidnap Berenato for months. Berenato had testified that he sent threatening messages via social media about herself, her ex-girlfriend, her mother, her father, her sisters, her niece, and Mandy Rose, real name Amanda Saccomanno.
The charges against Thomas were Aggravated Stalking (third degree felony), Armed Burglary of a Dwelling (felony punishable by life), Armed Kidnapping for Ransom or Reward or Hostage (felony life), and Criminal Mischief less than $200 (second degree misdemeanour).
We’ll keep you updated with any further news on the proceedings.
It seems an in-ring return for Sonya Deville isn’t too far away though, having not wrestled since last August due to the incident and the case that followed.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?