It may be WWE’s best in-ring feud of 2019 thus far but that’s evidently not enough to get Andrade vs. Rey Mysterio onto Sunday’s Fastlane card.
Instead the two rivals will wrestle in front of a half-full building as part of the kickoff show, which is a frankly baffling decision.
There are several bouts on Fastlane that look – how shall we put this softly? – unappealing, and this would have been a match to get fans excited about the show.
The matches between Andrade and Mysterio on SmackDown since their rivalry began have been nothing short of outstanding and up there with the best WWE have managed in 2019. Quite why WWE would not want that on the main card is anyone’s guess.
The current card for Fastlane this Sunday is:
- Daniel Bryan vs. Kevin Owens
- Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch
- Asuka vs. Mandy Rose
- The Shield vs. Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre & Bobby Lashley
- Sasha Banks & Bayley vs. Nia Jax & Tamina
- The Revival vs. Black & Ricochet vs. Roode & Gable
- The Usos vs. Shane McMahon & The Miz
Do you think Rey vs. Andrade deserves to be on the Fastlane main show? Let us know in the comments below.