An AEW star has discussed learning from Chris Jericho.
In July 2022, Anna Jay turned heel by attacking Ruby Soho and aligning with the Jericho Appreciation Society. This allowed Jay to showcase a different side of her personality.
In a new interview with PWMania, Anna Jay discussed her transition from a fan favorite to a reviled villain and what she has learned working with Chris Jericho. She said:
“I like playing the role I’m in right now, it’s a lot of fun. I definitely get a lot of hate. Whether it’s real or not, whatever it is. It’s good and bad.”
“It’s good to be able to try these different roles out. My experience level is not the greatest, so I know it’s challenging in a good way.”
“It’s been a lot of fun and obviously working with Chris is just crazy and an honor as well. I’m definitely appreciating working with him.”
Jay continued on to explain how Jericho was always accessible to herself and the entire locker room for advice, saying:
“Meeting him and working with him in AEW was a crazy experience for me, [but] I never thought I’d be in a faction with him.”
“I always was able to go to him for advice, but now being able to work right underneath him is cool because I literally get to talk to him every week [since] he produces a lot of promos and backstage stuff.”
“It’s been such an honor to be able to go to him every week. I cannot say enough good things about him.”
Stay up to date with the AEW roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups