As had been hinted at on SmackDown last night, Jeff Hardy will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Sami Zayn and AJ Styles in a three-way ladder match.
The time for talk is over. Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles and Sami Zayn will all meet in the ring in an Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat Ladder Match to end the debate over who is the rightful titleholder.
The Charismatic Enigma authored an important chapter in his comeback journey when he defeated The Phenomenal One for the Intercontinental Title. Shortly after, Zayn made his return to the blue brand and told anyone who would listen that he was the true champion. In the ensuing weeks, matchups featuring all three competitors would lead to chaos as each Superstar tried to leave their mark on the gold. Finally, Hardy laid down the challenge on the blue brand and the showdown was confirmed on the following episode of Talking Smack.
Who will climb the ladder and cease all arguments surrounding the Intercontinental Title?
The card for Clash of Champions as it stands is as follows:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Jey Uso – Universal Championship
- Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton – WWE Championship Ambulance Match
- Jeff Hardy (c) vs. AJ Styles vs. Sami Zayn – Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
- Street Profits (c) vs. Andrade & Angel Garza OR Dominik Mysterio & Humberto Carrillo OR Seth Rollins & Murphy
- Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Lucha House Party – SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Bayley (c) vs. Nikki Cross – SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Riott Squad – Women’s Tag Team Championship