More details have emerged regarding the status of wrestling legend Antonio Inoki after he was hospitalized last month.
It has been revealed that Antonio Inoki is currently recovering in hospital after an emergency operation in May. A few weeks ago, Inoki had to undergo surgery due to a volvulus, a twisting of the intestines.
Inoki is in a stable condition and can communicate fully, even occasionally recording video messages for pro-wrestling events he’s unable to attend.
The 78-year old Inoki has reportedly been in hospital for most of the year, due to issues with his lower back. In addition, Inoki also has diabetes and amyloidosis.
Inoki is one of the most influential names in wrestling history. The Japanese legend changed the landscape of pro-wrestling in many ways, from founding NJPW in 1972, to fighting Muhammed Ali in 1976. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2010.
We here at WrestleTalk wish Antonio Inoki a safe and healthy recovery.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them