Mr Money in the Bank Austin Theory has teased that a huge title change may happen at a WWE house show.
Theory can cash in his Money in the Bank contract for a world title bout whenever he chooses, meaning that Roman Reigns has to think about more than his immediate challengers when defending his Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.
After signing a new WWE deal earlier this year, Reigns only appears at WWE house shows occasionally.
Speaking with Graham “GSM” Matthews of Bleacher Report, Theory hinted that Reigns will have to watch his back at non-televised live events.Teasing a cash-in at a house show, Theory said:
“I mean, anything can happen in the WWE, that’s been said a lot of times. I feel like, who knows? Why would it not happen? It has to happen eventually, right? Somebody has to do it, and why not me, somebody who makes these headlines, these achievements. The youngest United States Champion, the youngest Mr. Money in the Bank, and the man that could cash in at a live event. Who knows?”
It isn’t unheard of for WWE titles to change hands at house shows. More recent examples of this happening include Samoa Joe winning the NXT Title from Finn Balor at a Lowell NXT live event in 2016, and AJ Styles defeating Kevin Owens for the US Championship at a Madison Square Garden show in 2017.
It has been speculated that Theory’s Money in the Bank contract will be a key factor in an upcoming title change, with WWE reportedly wanting to have two world champions heading into WrestleMania 39. Roman Reigns notably unified the WWE and Universal championships in April.
Transcription via WrestleZone.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Alexa Bliss Undergoes Skin Cancer Treatment
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39