Jason Baker, one of the masterminds behind The Fiend’s mask, has shared a video showcasing an unused Erick Rowan mask from a few years ago.
According to Baker, who worked on the mask with Tom Savini much like with The Fiend’s, Rowan was going to use the mask at WrestleMania 32 but that ended up not being the case.
In case you’d erased it from your memory, WrestleMania 32 is the year that The Rock beat Rowan in six seconds.
The design was inspired by the Bride of Frankenstein, and you can check it out in this clip:
BTS: one of the many masks that @thetomsavini and I made for @erickredbeard that unfortunately never saw the night of day. This particular piece was created for @WrestleMania 32. Inspired by the Bride of Frankenstein. pic.twitter.com/5txJgSOcxi
— Jason Baker (@bakingjason) May 5, 2020
That’s pretty awesome, and you have to wonder how and why Rowan ended up never using it.
The multiple-time Tag Team Champion was released from WWE last month.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Former NXT Star Taylor Rust Makes AEW Debut
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Fascinating Behind-The-Scenes Footage Of Jade Cargill Including Training With Bryan Danielson & More
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing