It was reported yesterday that AEW President and AEW star MJF recently had a “heated exchange” about the latter’s behaviour, with Khan allegedly angry that MJF had accepted an interview without the promotion’s permission.
The report from Fightful Select was that the contract status of MJF is what has left him frustrated as of late, but that Tony Khan took issue with the interview being set up without notifying AEW’s PR team.
In an update, Dave Meltzer has reported that there wasn’t an actual fight between Khan and MJF, and that any issues have since been resolved.
During the interview, MJF mentioned his contract with AEW is up in 2024, and that he wouldn’t consider re-signing with the promotion unless he was offered an “absolutely astronomical” sum of money.
He also mentioned WWE spoke to him about signing when he was 22, but refused to discuss the possibility of signing with Vince McMahon’s company in 2024.
Fightful’s report is that the contract status of MJF has left him frustrated of late, but nothing has been reported to suggest he’s thinking of leaving.
If we hear anything else, we shall of course let you know.
Check out the win/loss records for the entire AEW roster right here using our tracker.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Update On AEW Collision Ticket Sales For CM Punk Return