Here’s a backstage update regarding WWE’s position on offering NXT callups new contracts, something the company had not been doing for a while.
WWE had previously told callups that new deals would be negotiated down the line, but, likely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there was going to be a delay.
Fightful Select is now reporting that time has now come and talent who had been called up previously are now being offered new main roster contracts.
It was said that those contracts aren’t for as much money as people were being offered to people last year – again probably due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the way the company has reacted financially to that.
However, WWE has informed several of the talents that they will be able to renegotiate their deals when it comes to around WrestleMania time in 2021.
WrestleTalk.com has a WWE contract expiry date tracker at this link, which lists all WWE talent whose contract expirations are known, and what they are.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- AEW Star Helped Produce Incredible Kenny Omega Vs. El Hijo Del Vikingo Dream Match
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since