A new report has revealed the backstage reaction to Kris Statlander’s AEW return at Double Or Nothing.
After nine months away from the wrestling ring, Kris Statlander returned to All Elite Wrestling to answer the open challenge of Jade Cargill for the TBS Championship at last Sunday’s AEW Double Or Nothing event.
Statlander went on to defeat Cargill and end her 60-0 undefeated streak to win the TBS Championship.
Per PWInsider, the amount of people backstage happy for Kris Statlander upon her return to the company and winning the TBS Title was described as “infinite.”
The new TBS Champion is considered one of the most universally beloved people behind the scenes and has really worked extremely hard to return.
The report also notes that during her time off recovering, Statlander helped out backstage in any way she could.
Another positive mentioned in the report was that the latest “Road To Dynamite” featuring Kris Statlander’s road to recovery was probably the strongest it has been in some time and is a really well done primer for company storylines.
Stay up to date with the AEW roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- VIDEO: ROH Champion Holds Hilarious Training Session
- MJF Says Elements From These WWE Hall Of Famers Would Create ‘Perfect’ Wrestler