Big E has opened up about his relationship with Ridge Holland after suffering a broken neck on the March 11 edition of SmackDown.
Big E suffered the injury after taking a botched belly-to-belly suplex, delivered by Ridge Holland in a tag team match. The former WWE Champion was stretchered out of the arena, before later confirming that his neck was broken.
Speaking with ESPN, Big E noted that he is ‘grateful’ that doctors have said that he’ll make a complete recovery from the injury.
Believing that he has been quite fortunate in his recovery, Big E said:
“Honestly, it hasn’t been a dark period. I’m so thankful for all the people who checked in on me and reached out, who have concerns. I’m not saying I’m perfect. I’m not saying every day is the greatest ever for me. But I really haven’t struggled with that type of stuff.”
Big E went on to note that he doesn’t feel any animosity towards Ridge Holland, confirming that he and Holland have spoken since the incident:
“I have no issue whatsoever with Ridge. He’s reached out and said some very kind things. … What we do is dangerous, and there are inherent dangers. And to that degree, we all kind of know what we sign up for, and it was unfortunate that it went down that way. But I’m not dead. I’m alive. I’m doing well.”
The New Day member revealed that Holland sent him a big package of red meat as an apology, but as Big E doesn’t eat red meat, he gave the package to a friend, and ‘he and his family had many nights of great feasts.’
Big E will soon join the WWE talent and recruitment team for an upcoming WWE tryout, to help evaluate prospective WWE stars. You can read more about Big E’s new role right here.
For a list of all currently injured WWE stars, and their expected return dates, click here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy
- AEW All Access First Ever Viewership Revealed
- Injured AEW Star Training Ahead Of Potential Return (Video)