Bobby Lashley has gone on the record to say that the promise of a match with Brock Lesnar is the reason he re-signed with WWE in 2018, and Bobby Lashley has said that “the time is now” for WWE to pull the trigger and book the match.
Speaking with Pro Wrestling Illustrated, the WWE Champion said that “the match is right” for WWE to book a match between him and Brock Lesnar, saying:
”And, any time he came back, it was to get the title, and every other champ he’s been in the ring with except me. So, if he ever wants the title back, instead of doing whatever he’s doing, the time is now, the math is right. It’s not like I’m running from him.”
With Bobby Lashley being the most protected and well booked he has been since returning to WWE in 2018, now is probably the best time for the company to book a match between the WWE Champion and Brock Lesnar.
Some speculated that WWE could have Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley finally go one-on-one at SummerSlam in August, but recent reports have suggested that Brock Lesnar will not be appearing at the show.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
Thanks to Ringside News for the quote.
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed