A WWE Hall of Famer has discussed the challenge AEW faces with Forbidden Door.
At AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, both companies produced a financial and critical acclaimed pay-per-view that is one of the top three biggest box office drawing wrestling events in Canadian history.
On a recent edition of The Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T discussed some of the hurdles he believes AEW faces with getting more fans to tune into the cross promotional event moving forward. He said:
According to the WWE Hall of Famer, United States viewers aren’t clamoring to watch pay-per-views like Forbidden Door with NJPW stars. While admitting he believes many of New Japan performers are impressive, they aren’t widely known in North America.
On his belief that AEW might think Japanese wrestling is more popular in the United States than it actually is, Booker said:
“America’s not in tune to watch Japanese television because it’s the language barrier.”
“We don’t know what they’re saying. It’s just like watching Spanish television… we’re not going to watch… People are just going to watch what they’re comfortable with more than anything.”
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy