While watching the TLC pay-per-view on Sunday night, many fans were excited when they realised that the Women’s Tag Team Championship TLC match would be main eventing.
Asuka, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair stole the show when they closed out TLC in 2018, so many fans were excited to see what the trio could do now that Kairi Sane was added to the mix.
However, the match wasn’t the greatest and was actually uncomfortable to watch in parts. Kairi Sane was noticeably knocked out at some stage during the match, resulting in a few uncomfortable stops.
This led to many fans being disappointed with the match. However, one WWE Hall of Famer actually praised the four women involved for all of their work on Sunday night.
On his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T discussed the TLC main event. While he didn’t speak about Sane’s injury, he did praise the four wrestlers for their work during the match:
“Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair let me tell you that match right there, I don’t know man, the Kabuki Warriors they are special and a lot of people they are wondering what the outcome of that match was gonna be. I called it that match for the first time I said the Kabuki Warriors were gonna go out there and take it.”
“It’s just man it’s just their time to go out there and shine and do something that’s so different that’s so unique that the thing is it’s not something that hadn’t been done before that’s the beauty of it.”
“I always say to be able to take a step back to take a step forward I think that’s what the wrestling business actually needs and to actually see the Kabuki Warriors — Asuka and Kairi Sane — performing at a level that they do. I take it back a couple of weeks ago on Monday Night RAW when they had that match against Charlotte Flair in that handicap match that match right there could be a candidate of match of the year for me.”
“I’m serious, that’s how good it was. When you watch the match that’s one thing, but when you watch the people. That’s what I do, I watch the people.”
What did you think about the main event of this year’s TLC pay-per-view? Let us know in the comments.
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing