British independent wrestler and former WOS star Martin Kirby has revealed that he has decided to hang up his boots and retire from professional wrestling.
The former WCPW/Defiant World Champion revealed in an emotional Twitter post that he has decided to end his 14-year professional wrestling career.
Thanks for letting me entertain you for the last 14 years. Its been a blast.? pic.twitter.com/fvRtNQMsja
— Martin Kirby マーティン カービー (@MKirbyProEgo) March 15, 2020
Martin Kirby had the following to say on the social media platform:
“I first began wrestling 14 years ago & in that time I’ve surpassed any expectations I ever had. The opportunities I’ve been fortunate to have recieved allowed me to wrestle in every major city, main event shows, meet & wrestle childhood heroes, have a WWE Try Out & even complete 2 tours in Japan with Dragon Gate
“However, the time has now come to hang up my pink & black trunks for the final time. I’m proud of all the friends I’ve made, things I’ve accomplished & fans I’ve entertained over the years. Thank you.”
Kirby has held several titles in British independent wrestling promotions, including the WCPW World Title that has been held by Rampage Brown, NXT UK’s Joseph Conners and future WWE Champion Drew McIntyre, amongst others.
Kirby is widely regarded as one of the country’s best independent wrestlers, and will hopefully be very successful in what he decides to do next. Everyone at WrestleTalk would like to wish Martin Kirby the best for the future.
- WWE Star Says ‘Hell Yeah’ To WrestleMania Showdown With Steve Austin
- Roman Reigns Vs. Sami Zayn Date Announced
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- SmackDown Kicks Off With Status Update On The Bloodline
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- AEW Star Provides Update After Surgery
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE