Cain Velasquez is no longer being advertised for a match at WWE’s November 30 house show in Mexico City.
He was originally scheduled to team with Rey Mysterio. Mysterio’s new advertised partner is Humberto Carrillo, and Velasquez is still being advertised to appear on the show.
It was reported that Cain required knee surgery, and this is likely more evidence of that. It’s been suggested that’s the reason his match against Brock Lesnar was so short.
The card being advertised currently is as follows:
- “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt (c) vs. The Miz – Universal Championship Steel Cage Match
- Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
- Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin
- Kabuki Warriors (c) vs. Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair – Women’s Tag Team Championships
- Braun Strowman vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Sami Zayn
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens – United States Championship
- Rey Mysterio & Humberto Carrillo vs. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
- The Revival (c) vs. New Day – SmackDown Tag Team Championships
- Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley w/ Lana
- Cain Velasquez
Obviously, the card is subject to change so Velasquez may well end up in a match, or possibly even not appear at the show at all.
The former UFC Heavyweight Champion lost his WWE debut match to WWE Champion Brock Lesnar at Crown Jewel last Thursday. It’s said that Cain earned a lot of respect from his colleagues for how he handled himself.