Back during the Attitude Era of WWE, The Undertaker kidnapped Stephanie McMahon and tried to force her to marry him. All this was done at the commands of a higher power in WWE.
In the end, Vince McMahon was revealed to be the higher power behind it all. However, there have always been rumors AEW’s Christopher Daniels was originally intended to be the “higher power.”
While discussions may have been had internally, Daniels has revealed he never heard about it at the time and never had any discussions with WWE about it.
“I was never close to signing with WWE at that time. Probably the closest is when they gave me an opportunity to go through a camp with Tom Prichard and Dory Funk Jr., and I was there with Kurt Angle, Shawn Stasiak and some other people. As far as the rumor about me being The Higher Power – I’ve heard that, but I never heard that at the time. I actually just heard that recently. I don’t think it would have been a good idea.
“As far as the mentality of them making that character as someone that basically The Undertaker has to answer to, and me being a virtual unknown to the crowd, would have been a disappointment. If they would have introduced me as someone who is basically The Undertaker’s boss, it would have fell flat. I’m 200 pounds and I’m 5’10”, so it certainly would have been difficult to take me seriously as someone who is intimidating The Undertaker. I would have been okay being someone underneath him in The Ministry at that time; that would have been cool. Me being The Higher Power probably wouldn’t fly, and it’s probably a good idea that they didn’t do it.”
What do you think? Would Daniels have been a let down as the Higher Power? Let us know on Twitter.
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed
- Two NXT Stars Reportedly Backstage At May 29 WWE Raw
- NXT Stars Debut On WWE Raw
- Spoiler For WWE Star Returning From Injury On Raw?