Well it was going to happen, wasn’t it? CM Punk has shared his in-depth thoughts after six wrestlers were released by WWE earlier this afternoon.
Replying to a tweet from John Squires, Punk slammed WWE’s creative team, comparing the promotion to a blockbuster movie with terrible writers.
One thing that has consistently bummed me out about WWE in recent years is that there’s been a *wealth* of incredible talent in that company, but they rarely seem to really know what to do with any of it. This latest wave of releases is a truly stunning reflection of that issue.
— John Squires (@FreddyInSpace) June 2, 2021
It’s like a movie with a blockbuster budget and cast, but if it’s written by creatively bankrupt nincompoops specifically for an audience of one, in a language nobody understands anymore, it’s…..trash. But people watch it because they like movies. ♀️
— player/coach (@CMPunk) June 2, 2021
WWE has come under fire several times from former wrestlers for its treatment of current stars, with Punk being one of the more vocal critics.
The latest set of cuts appears once again have been down to “budget cuts”, but it’s likely the full story will emerge in the coming weeks.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed