AEW executive vice president Cody has revealed how much of the Double Or Nothing card was forced to change by the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking on a media call to promote this Saturday’s pay-per-view, the ‘American Nightmare’ said that 90% of the card was unchanged and most of the promotion’s plans managed to stay in tact.
Several top stars, including the Young Bucks, Hangman Page, MJF and others were unavailable for a lot of tapings due to being in quarantine, which as Tony Khan revealed previously, meant Khan had to rewrite weeks worth of TV in very little time with the limited roster.
In another interesting note from the call, Cody said that he hasn’t actually seen the TNT Championship belt yet, and he wants Saturday to be the first time he does. He faces Lance Archer to determine the first ever champion, with Mike Tyson presenting the belt to the victor.
He also added that he wants the promotion to stay in Daily’s Place for as long as fans aren’t allowed in arenas, due to the tools that can be used during shows, as was illustrated during the street fight a couple of weeks ago.
For a recap of everything Cody mentioned during the call, check out our Twitter thread here.