Cody Rhodes knows how to draw a reaction from the fans and had a crazy idea that would have set the wrestling world ablaze.
The American Nightmare has held the AEW TNT Championship more times than anyone with three reigns. He lost the title to Sammy Guervara in an epic ladder match on the Beach Break special of AEW Dynamite.
Appearing on the AEW Unrestricted Podcast, Cody had a plan that would have involved him holding the gold for two decades and pass the torch to his baby daughter.
“Here was my idea for the TBS Championship. I thought I could make Libby [Cody’s daughter Liberty] the champ, but because she’s not of age, I would hold the belt for 18 years. That was the idea and I thought it would really set the internet on fire. That idea didn’t go far.”
Cody has once again got the wrestling world buzzing with the announcement of his departure from All Elite Wrestling along with his wife Brandi.
As previously noted, Cody, Brandi and Tony Khan have all commented on their departure from the company.
We will have further updates on Cody Rhodes when they become available.
Transcription via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed