There has been an update regarding the status of who owns the trademark for ‘Cody Rhodes’, after Cody filed for it recently.
Cody applied for it on April 13, which is the same day WWE’s expired. However, WWE renewed it on May 15, claiming the reason the renewal was delayed was because of COVID-19.
This comes amidst headlines regarding WWE filing to trademark yet another WCW event, and the company counter-programming AEW Fyter Fest with NXT Great American Bash.
When it comes to ‘The Man’ PWInsider reports that WWE’s application for it was abandoned by the USPTO because it was initially refused in December due to Ric Flair owning it, and the six-month window to respond to the refusal has now passed.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any further updates and trademark news.
- Report: WWE ‘Working On Deal’ For Cristiano Ronaldo To Appear
- WWE Star Set To Debut Brand New Look
- WWE Star Returns For First Televised Match In 11 Months
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- AEW Stars Announce Wedding Date
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Update On Ex-AEW Name’s Domestic Violence Arrest
- Report: Vince McMahon Used A Cane To Walk At WWE Employee Meeting