A crazy stat has emerged on Liv Morgan’s SmackDown Women’s Championship win at Money in the Bank.
During the premium live event, Morgan won the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match and successfully cashed in her contract to become SmackDown Women’s Champion later that night.
Morgan notably defeated Rousey for the gold, following the former champ’s defence against Natalya.
As pointed out by Reddit user u/damng1, Morgan’s victory marked the first time since August 2017 that a new SmackDown Women’s Champion was crowned without one of the Four Horsewomen involved in the title change.
At SummerSlam 2017, Natalya defeated Naomi for the gold. Since then, every SmackDown Women’s Title change bar Liv Morgan’s win has seen either Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch or Bayley win or lose the gold.
Prior to Morgan’s win, the title last changed hands at WrestleMania Backlash, with Ronda Rousey defeating Flair in an I Quit match for the gold.
Morgan’s cash-in also continued a streak of short women’s Money in the Bank reigns, with Carmella being the only woman to hold the contract longer than 24 hours, following her win in 2017.
Stay up to date with every WWE title change of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- WWE Tag Team Makes Raw Debut Against Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler
- Roman Reigns 1000-Day Celebration SmackDown Draws Incredible Viewership Numbers