It has been claimed that Ronda Rousey ‘demanded’ that Liv Morgan win the SmackDown Women’s Title at Money in the Bank.
During Saturday’s (July 2) premium live event, Morgan won the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match, and cashed in later that night on Rousey, who had just defended the gold against Natalya.
Morgan rolled Rousey up to win the gold, before Rousey handed Morgan the title and hugged her.
Photographer Michael Mardones took to his Instagram story with a photo from ringside, claiming that Rousey never ‘wanted or asked’ to be the SmackDown Women’s Champion.
“Respect to Ronda Rousey, who never wanted or asked to be champion… And demanded that the most passionate pro wrestler be awarded the most prestigious title in our industry… #respect @(Liv Morgan)”
It is important to note that this is currently just a claim, but it is interesting that this has came from somebody close to Rousey.
Rousey is reportedly the planned opponent for Liv Morgan at SummerSlam on July 30. You can view the announced card for the upcoming event right here.
Morgan’s cash-in marked Rousey’s second televised pinfall loss in 2022. Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
According to Ronda Rousey's photographer, she demanded the belt be given to someone like Liv Morgan. ? #MITB pic.twitter.com/OH8MHr4xKI
— Women's Wrestling Viewer (@TheKipUp) July 3, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- DNA Test Proves Wrestling Legend Is Not The Father Of Current Congresswoman
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- WWE Star Confirms Shoulder Injury