The opponent that WWE currently has in mind for Edge at August 21’s SummerSlam pay-per-view has been revealed.
Edge is set to make his return to WWE TV when the company returns to the road, which seemed to indicate a big match would be coming.
As reported by WrestleVotes, WWE’s current idea for Edge is a first-time-ever match with Seth Rollins at SummerSlam.
There was a segment on Raw many years ago which saw Rollins attack Edge, but there was no payoff because obviously Edge hadn’t been cleared at the time, so perhaps WWE will call back to that moment ahead of their upcoming match.
WWE is also planning Roman Reigns vs John Cena for SummerSlam, and was hoping for a Brock Lesnar return but that is looking less and less likely as each day goes by.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com as we’ll keep you update with all the news heading into the SummerSlam and all the returns that are reportedly planned ahead of the big event.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?