WWE Hall of Famer D-Von Dudley has provided a health update, ahead of his upcoming minor back surgery.
Speaking on Table Talk, the WWE backstage producer revealed that he is set to undergo the procedure on Wednesday (December 8). D-Von noted that he’s been dealing with this back issue for around 11 years now.
Praising WWE for providing great health insurance, D-Von said:
“I saw three different surgeons. The third one, WWE was comfortable with it. I go on December 8 for a minor procedure. I go for the consultation on December 8 and he’ll give me the date on when it’ll happen. They’ll go in with a thin needle, get the disc, fuse it, move it back to where it needs to be, put the bolt and screw in and I’m good to go. They said about two to three weeks tops.
“I’ve been dealing with this since about 2010. A lot of us deal with this pain with our backs and sometimes it gets to the point where you can’t take it anymore and you have to do something about it. There are other guys where their backs are messed up and they don’t have the insurance or money to take care of it. WWE provides great health insurance so I’m able to go see a doctor, a couple doctors, and (have) the insurance because I can only imagine what that surgery would cost.
“I’ve got something that everyone in pro wrestling is dealing with right now and I’m going to get it fixed. It’s like having your knee scoped. I’m going in to get the back scraped.”
D-Von notably co-produced the Thanksgiving Leftovers Throwdown bout that took place on last week’s (November 26 edition of SmackDown. You can read about the producers for that show at this link.
We wish D-Von all the best for his surgery.
Quote via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- VIDEO: Shawn Michaels Congratulates NXT Star After Big Battle Royal Win
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW