In 2007, Chris Benoit tragically killed both his wife Nancy and son Daniel before taking his own life. Since then, the name ‘Chris Benoit’ has been banned from WWE TV.
David Benoit, Chris’ other son, spoke to Chris Van Vliet recently about a variety of topics, including his father’s horrific crimes and subsequent suicide.
During his discussion with Van Vliet, David also said that he would like to wrestle as either Chris Benoit or Chris Benoit Jr., a claim that has certainly divided opinion amongst wrestling fans and critics. For those who aren’t aware, Chris is his middle name.
During the interview, David also said that he wants to continue his father’s legacy by wearing the same tights that his dad wore and also using his entrance music.
David Benoit was seen backstage at a WWE Live Event back in March 2019 and took a picture with Natalya, someone whose career he has reportedly followed closely. In the picture, Benoit is seen wearing an AEW jumper.
It seems that Benoit is not just a fan of AEW’s merchandise but also their in-ring product as he told Chris Van Vliet that he eventually wants to wrestle for either AEW or NJPW.
— David benoit (@RealDavidBenoit) March 16, 2019
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match