It has been revealed that All Elite Wrestling (AEW) had discussed a husband & wife storyline but decided not to follow through with the idea.
Speaking on Vickie Guerrero’s Excuse Me podcast, Priscilla Kelly revealed the ideas that had been thrown around for her and Darby Allin’s relationship to play out on TV.
“The thought was flown around for me to be put with him (Darby Allin) in AEW. They said ‘You come in and you are his wife. You get kicked in the face and then he gets mad.’ There were a lot of ideas thrown around from this person and that person about this and that. I explained to everybody that I could come in and do a wife spot that could eventually lead to me having matches or whatever it may be.
“Here’s the problem with that. If I came in and I’m introduced as Darby’s wife, I’m forever by the fans going to be known as just his wife. Then from there on out, everything I do in the ring or on a promo is going to be heavily compared to him and I immediately become Robin to Batman.
“I think so many people don’t realize, and I’m sure a lot of women would be okay with that kind of role, but me personally when I’ve worked just as hard and just as long for my career, I don’t want my entire work and passion to be credited or overshadowed by your partner. I always wanted him and I to be seen as an equal powerhouse couple where we both bring our own thing to the table. People want to put you together with whoever you are dating.”
Kelly also opened up about her and Allin’s real life relationship and how getting divorced has actually helped them, which you can read more about at this link.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI