Drew McIntyre has defeated Brock Lesnar to win the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 36. The match was short and sweet, unlike some of the other matches on the card. Cough cough, Edge/Orton.
Brock Lesnar started off hot but got caught with a Claymore. He kicked out.
Then, Lesnar went on an F5 spree. Drew kicked out of the first one at 1. He then would get hit with 3 more.
— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) April 6, 2020
Each time Drew would kick out at 2. Eventually, Drew would go on to hit 3 Claymores.
On the 3rd Claymore, Drew would go for the pin. He got the 1-2-3.
Drew stands tall to become the WWE Champion. While you can give WWE credit for making the best of a bad situation, you can’t help but wonder how much better this would have been if there was a crowd to react.
— WWE WrestleMania (@WrestleMania) April 6, 2020
If WWE is able to keep the momentum going, then they made Drew McIntyre a star tonight.
However, if they have to shut down for any reason, then it may have not been the right call to change now.
Only time will tell.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Paul London Says He Was ‘Shut Down Immediately’ When Reaching Out About AEW Role
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him