During WWE Day 1, McIntyre was attacked backstage by Madcap Moss and Happy Corbin. It has since been reported that this angle was to write McIntyre off TV, as the former WWE Champion has recently been working through a neck issue.
PWInsider now notes that WWE has confirmed that McIntyre recently underwent tests on his neck at the UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, a facility where many WWE talents have underwent surgeries in the past.
McIntyre had been spotted in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Monday (January 10) wearing a neck brace, per the report. There is currently no time-frame on McIntyre’s return to the ring.
WWE reportedly have big plans in store for McIntyre this year, with the company hopeful for a Roman Reigns feud at some point.
We send our best wishes to Drew McIntyre, and hope his injury isn’t serious.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?