The date and location for the upcoming annual Extreme Rules pay-per-view have been announced ahead of WWE returning to the road.
Last month’s Hell in a Cell show was the last pay-per-view of the ThunderDome era. The announcement of Hell in a Cell in June surprised many, who were used to the event taking place after SummerSlam.
WWE has confirmed that Extreme Rules will take place on September 26 from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH. The anticipated pay-per-view was announced along with a number of additional September live shows.
Here are all the additional dates announced:
- Saturday, September 11: Supershow – Capital One Arena in Washington DC
- Sunday, September 12: Supershow – Times Union Center in Albany, NY
- Monday, September 13: Raw – TD Garden in Boston, MA
- Friday, September 17: SmackDown – State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
- Saturday, September 18: WWE Live – North Charleston Coliseum in North Charleston, SC
- Sunday, September 19: WWE Live – James Brown Arena in Augusta, GA
- Monday, September 20: Raw – PNC Arena in Raleigh, NC
- Friday, September 24: SmackDown – Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA
- Saturday, September 25: Supershow – Giant Center in Hershey, PA
- Sunday, September 26: Extreme Rules – Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH
- Monday, September 27: Raw – Heritage Bank Center in Cincinnati, OH
Three more WWE Supershow live events were also announced. It was previously reported that Drew McIntyre will team with Kofi Kingston to face Bobby Lashley and MVP to main event the August 7 and 8 Supershows.
WWE returns to Madison Square Garden for an episode of SmackDown on September 10. The famous arena has announced that proof of vaccination will be required for admission to the event.
WWE returns to the road for SmackDown on July 16, ahead of Money in the Bank on July 18.