Last night, boxing icon and WWE Hall of Famer Mike Tyson returned to the ring for the first time in fifteen years for an exhibition bout with Roy Jones Jr. The fight ended in a draw, potentially setting up a rematch between the two down the line.
An interesting little tidbit for wrestling fans is that former SmackDown commentator and NXT announcer Mauro Ranallo called the action for the fight last night. PWInsider reported earlier in the day that Ranallo would be replacing Al Bernstein.
In August of this year, Mauro Ranallo announced that he would be left leaving his position as the lead commentator for the black and gold brand. The news was later confirmed by WWE, and Mauro was replaced by former Raw announcer Vic Joseph.
Along with calling wrestling, Mauro Ranallo has also called boxing and MMA fights during his career. He joined boxing legend “Sugar” Ray Leonard in calling last night’s historic fight.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Tony Khan Addresses Jeff Hardy Arrest & Jon Moxley Comparisons
- Here’s Why Jake Roberts Has Been Off AEW TV