A former WWE star who even held title gold during his time there has given his thoughts on the company and said he can’t watch the product.
Rico Constantino was on the WWE main roster in 2002-2004, during which time he won the World Tag Team Championship with Rikishi and WWE Tag Team Championship with Charlie Haas. He also won the OVW Heavyweight Championship three times.
Speaking with Sportskeeda recently, Rico said:
“I think there’s a lot neglected in WWE, especially right now. I can’t watch the product. I can’t watch it at all, especially now. It’s not like a boxing match or an MMA fight, or a football game, or basketball. They don’t need fans in the stands, it’s good to have fans in the stands, but they compete. You can have football go without fans in the stands. They are still going to play, players are going to play their hearts out. They are doing what they do best. Unfortunately, wrestling needs that fan interaction. The thing I cannot take is when the guy comes out and he gets on the turnbuckle and lifts the belt, to who? Come on guys. Please. Rey Mysterio’s going to wrestle, you both come out and wrestle, just do what you do. And you’re pulling people from the Performance Center? That’s sad to me.”
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39