The ratings are in for the March 5 episode of Monday Night Raw and it is not particularly good news for WWE going into WrestleMania.
The show pulled an average of 3.03 million viewers, the lowest since January 8. The first hour was okay, with 3.30 million tuning in for the Ronda Rousey segment that opened the show, though the effectiveness of using Rousey in that spot is questionable as viewers tuning out after 15 minutes once the segment was finished would hurt the number.
The second hour retained the majority of the audience, but as usual the third hour was the death knell for the rating, plummeting to 2.73 million – the fourth highest third hour drop in the history of the show.
We will likely say it every week until the third hour is a footnote in history: Raw is simply too long to retain audience interest throughout, no matter how good the show is.
Hour 1 – 3.30 million
Hour 2 – 3.27 million
Hour 3 – 2.73 million
Raw Ratings 2018 (in millions)
01/01 – 2.87
08/01 – 2.76
15/01 – 3.25
22/01 – 4.53
29/01 – 3.39
05/02 – 3.05
12/02 – 3.10
19/02 – 3.28
26/02 – 3.18
05/03 – 3.03
- raw rating
- wwe monday night raw ratings
- wwe monday night raw
- Monday Night Raw
- wwe raw ratings
- Ronda Rousey
- Major WWE Star Seemingly Injured During Match
- Potential Spoiler For Huge WWE Star Appearing At NXT Deadline
- CM Punk WWE NXT Plans Confirmed
- TNA Wrestling Partners With WWE Parent Company Streaming Service
- WWE Star Still On Active Roster Despite New Role
- Triple H Reacts To CM Punk WWE NXT Plans
- WWE Star To Wrestle Match With Broken Hand
- Big Clue AEW Star Is Preparing To Join WWE?
- CM Punk Appears At WWE NXT Deadline
- Dominik Mysterio Loses Championship To WWE Main Roster Star