Jake Roberts has revealed that he is “so scared” of losing his friendship with a WWE Hall of Famer.
On the latest episode of DDP Snake Pit, Roberts discussed the career of the late great Eddie Guerrero and also addressed his recent comments about Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat.
The legend apologized to his friend for incorrectly reporting health issues that he thought Steamboat was experiencing.
“I have a heavy heart today. Last week, we were talking about someone who I hold in the highest regard. Nobody higher. I value our friendship as much as I do Dallas. He’s just a lovely, lovely man. Last week, out of concern, I brought up something that I had no business bringing up because I didn’t check who said it.”
Jake continued on to express his remorse and long history with Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, saying:
“Number one, you should never talk about someone unless you check the facts. I said that I had heard Ricky was having problems with the mental aspect. I did it out of concern and love and fear, fear that I had been the reason, maybe, that he was having problems (from an angle WWE ran where Steamboat got injured by Jake Roberts’ DDT on the concrete floor on Saturday Night Main Event in 1986). The good news is he isn’t having any problems. I repeated something that I heard from what I thought was a very good source, someone who spends time with him, and I was totally wrong in doing it. I’m ashamed that I did it. But man, I am so scared that I’m going to lose my friendship with him. I’ve reached out with no luck, and Ricky, I certainly understand that you have the right to ream my butt, kick my butt, whatever, but just don’t shut the door on our friendship. That’s all I ask because I would really miss that. He’s a number one talent. There isn’t anybody better selling. He’s a phenomenal talent and a phenomenal man, a great human being. Please let me come back in.”
As previously mentioned, Steamboat has been making headlines after turning down the opportunity to wrestle Ric Flair in his in-ring return coming at Starrcast V.
Quotes via Wrestlingnews.co
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- WWE Star Aliyah Dealing With An Injury
- Backstage Update On Ronda Rousey & Natalya WWE SmackDown Segment
- Backstage Reaction To Upcoming John Cena WWE Return
- Kazuchika Okada Reveals Hope For Japanese Crowds Following Forbidden Door
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw