AEW made a major announcement concerning the AEW Women’s World Championship on tonight’s AEW Dynamite show.
At AEW Full Gear, Jamie Hayter defeated Toni Storm to become the new interim AEW Women’s World Champion.
Toni became the interim champion back at All Out, winning a four-way with Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida and Hayter herself.
The interim champion was crowned due to AEW Women’s World Champion Thunder Rosa being injured, and her match with Toni at All Out being cancelled.
On tonight’s AEW Dynamite, Renee Paquette made the announcement that Thunder Rosa has now been stripped of her AEW Women’s World Championship – specifically the announcement was that Rosa and AEW “came to an agreement” for her to drop the title.
Instead, Hayter’s interim AEW Women’s World Championship reign has officially become the permanent AEW Women’s World Championship reign.
Toni Storm’s interim title reign has now retroactively been counted as an AEW Women’s World Championship reign.
An important announcement from @ReneePaquette regarding the #AEW Women's World Championship!@thunderrosa22 @jmehytr @RealBrittBaker#AEWDynamite Thanksgiving Eve is LIVE on TBS! pic.twitter.com/fBlWMsEObs
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) November 24, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Dolph Ziggler Wins First Title Since WWE Release
- Former WWE Star Wins Championship In NJPW Singles Debut
- WWE Breaks 23-Year Award Losing Streak
- Major Update On Brock Lesnar & Vince McMahon In WWE 2K24
- Roman Reigns Bloodline Member Trying To Join WWE
- WWE Star Arrives In Wrong Country For Major Show
- Randy Orton Hilariously Reacts To John Cena Onlyfans Announcement
- Former WWE Champion Still Hasn’t Re-Signed Despite Major Creative Plans
- WWE Star Retires Move After Recent Terrifying Botch
- The Rock’s Next WWE Appearance Revealed