Many years ago Vince and Shane McMahon got a big win over God at Backlash 2006. Now, 14 years later, his son Jesus stepped into the ring for his debut after AEW Dynamite went off the air.
The second-generation star teamed with popular cartoon dog Scooby Doo to take on the team of Brandon Cutler and QT Marshall. Scooby Doo was also making his in-ring debut.
The match was quick as the Young Bucks delivered Superkicks to Cutler and Marshall as soon as the bell rang. Jesus and Scooby Doo both made covers and got the pin, securing the win in their debut. It remains to be seen what will come from their prospective wrestling careers, as Scooby Doo spends most of his time solving mysteries and Jesus is a religious icon.
This is not the first time AEW has had fun antics close their show. The live crowd was previously treated to Tony Khan hitting a Stunner as well as a number of children getting to experience a match.
What did you think of last night’s AEW Dynamite? Let us know on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other