AEW lead announcer Jim Ross has commented after he accidentally called AEW Dynamite ‘WWE Dynamite’ to close last night’s show.
Unfortunately the slip wasn’t hidden in the middle of a match – it came right after an emotional vignette recapping the Daily’s Place era of AEW shows throughout the pandemic and closed that particular chapter.
The moment led to a lot of different reactions from fans, some of which found it funny, some of which were sympathetic towards Ross for the stick he was getting, and some of which were even calling for him to be removed from the commentary team.
After the show, Jim Ross took to Twitter, writing:
Yep I apparently made an untimely error tonight at shows end.
And I’m not quitting.
After receiving some support from Dave LaGreca, Ross reiterated: “Thx Dave. It’s all on me. No excuses.”
This isn’t the first time Ross has made a similar slip, as a few months ago he accidentally referred to AEW World Champion Kenny Omega as the WWE Champion.
Unfortunately this time it came at a moment that was greatly magnified due to the timing as it was the last thing viewers heard before the show went off the air on the final show in Jacksonville.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- ‘Beef Up’ – Super Heavyweight WWE Star Issues Big Challenge To Roster