AEW lead announcer Jim Ross has commented after he accidentally called AEW Dynamite ‘WWE Dynamite’ to close last night’s show.
Unfortunately the slip wasn’t hidden in the middle of a match – it came right after an emotional vignette recapping the Daily’s Place era of AEW shows throughout the pandemic and closed that particular chapter.
The moment led to a lot of different reactions from fans, some of which found it funny, some of which were sympathetic towards Ross for the stick he was getting, and some of which were even calling for him to be removed from the commentary team.
After the show, Jim Ross took to Twitter, writing:
Yep I apparently made an untimely error tonight at shows end.
And I’m not quitting.
After receiving some support from Dave LaGreca, Ross reiterated: “Thx Dave. It’s all on me. No excuses.”
This isn’t the first time Ross has made a similar slip, as a few months ago he accidentally referred to AEW World Champion Kenny Omega as the WWE Champion.
Unfortunately this time it came at a moment that was greatly magnified due to the timing as it was the last thing viewers heard before the show went off the air on the final show in Jacksonville.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Corey Graves ‘Toned Down’ What WWE Wanted Him To Say About Sasha Banks & Naomi
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- AEW Star Ethan Page Wants More Ring & Microphone Time In AEW
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- Ricky Starks Says Cody Rhodes Is Still His Go-To Person For Advice